Monday, February 21, 2011

Donuts!!!

I found a recipe on a blog a while back (that I now cannot find to give credit to)
for homemade donuts
We live near a Dunkin Donuts and it is not
uncommon for us to drive through on
Saturday mornings when Pretty is in town...
so I thought this would be PERFECT!
Not only would we satisfy our donut craving... but Pretty and I
could make them together!  She loves getting to help out in the kitchen.
How did they turn out??? DELICIOUS!!!!  And the best part...
they were easy to make
(sorry, I forgot to take a picture with my camera, so this is from
my Blackberry)

We used refrigerated biscuits (not flaky) and cut holes in the middle
(remember to save your holes for donut holes!)
Heat oil in a skillet (enough to cover half the donut)
and once hot put the donuts in.
Wait until the donut is golden brown and then flip
until the other side is golden brown.
Once done put them on a paper towel lined plate.
Repeat the same for the holes.

For the glaze I mixed 2Tbs of butter and 2Tbs of milk
and put in the microwave until melted. 
Then I added 1 cup of powdered sugar until it made a glaze.
I divided the glaze into 2 cups and put 1/4tsp vanilla extract in one
and cocoa powder in the other.
Then I poured the glaze over the donuts.
For the holes I put them in a paper sack with powdered sugar
and shook it up... Pretty added the sprinkles:)

1 comment:

W.E. said...

The bean might be scared of all this cutting, slicing and microwaving but it looks like fun to me :D

Love ya'll, mom

Post a Comment