Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The day I became Mrs. Ladd

Before getting to my husband's surprise 30th birthday I thought it would be best to blog a little about our wedding on October 10, 2010.  Buddy and I began dating in October 2006 and he proposed in May 2009.  I had my heart set on a fall wedding in a barn and we quickly decided that the Belle Meade Plantation in Nashville would be the perfect setting.  While the ceremony was going to be outside in the garden, the reception would take place in the carriage house...which was as close to a barn as I was going to get:)  We decided on October of 2010 and Buddy decided that 10-10-10 would be the easiest way to remember.  The planning began and before we knew it the wedding was upon us!  The day was absolutely perfect!  It was beautiful outside and despite one of my bridesmaids breaking her ankle and not being able to attend (along with her 2 children who were my ring bearer and one of my flower girls) I was cool, calm, and collected...totally uncharacteristic of me!  My mother and my great aunt made my bridesmaids' dresses, my mother enlisted the help of her friends to put together all of the decor for both the ceremony and the reception...including flowers, my mother even made my cake!  It was everything I had dreamed of and it was totally Buddy and I!  Enough talking...here are some of the pictures...



























No comments:

Post a Comment