Sunday, January 9, 2011

Burlap Bulletin Board

I bought some burlap to make a burlap wreath this week 

with my friend Tiffiny

While in Joann's I found an olive green burlap 

that I thought would be perfect for the bulletin board 

I wanted in my kitchen.  

I am tired of putting things up on the fridge 

and wanted something to go up in an empty 

space I had on my kitchen wall... so I killed 2 birds with 1 stone!

First I found an old framed picture 

I had from college in the garage (sorry, I forgot to take a picture before).

I took the picture and wrapped it with the burlap... 

nothing fancy and then I just taped it down (later to glue it)




 Anytime I start crafting, the Handsome Pup runs to his room...




 After wrapping the burlap I took some twine 

I had on hand and wrapped it around in vertical lines 

and taped down on the back (later to glue).





I then put it back into my frame (with some gentle pushing)... and voila


Next I just added all the invitations, some of our Christmas cards

and photos we had previously on our fridge:)




After getting it on the wall I thought it looked good but not quite big enough... 

so I will be making a larger one!

No comments:

Post a Comment