Monday, January 24, 2011

I am my Mother's Daughter... and Now I Don't Have Cabinet Doors!

Growing up, my brothers and I never knew what house we might wake up in...  we would go to sleep and when we woke up furniture was moved, walls were repainted, and once there was a hole in a wall that later turned into a walk-through.  

We grew up with an amazingly talented mother who never left things as they were.  Her compulsion was passed down to my brothers and I and it is this trait that led me to removing my cabinet doors.  

I have seen cabinets without doors all over blog land and while sitting on our couch the other night I thought it would be just the ticket for my over-sized dinner plates (which I LOVE) that do not allow my cabinet doors to shut all the way.  



I am not sure I like the contrast of the white and the blonde cabinets... so I am thinking about redoing my cabinets next! (don't tell B though:)).


1 comment:

Laura said...

Anna, that is funny. You truly are you sweet talented mother. I will never forget when her and Regina came to my house to help me paint my dining room and ended up painting my Kitchen and redoing my famly room. Forever indebted to them both. Miss her so much. So glad you have her talent and spirit too.

Post a Comment